"I use tangible objects combined with clay to create hybrid forms that entice viewers to exercise curiosity. I am interested in experimentation and its unforseen outcomes, human curiosity, and how objects display their relationship with time. My goal is to cultivate these feelings and facilitate a purely cognitive experience.” Elle Brande
- 2011 Bachelor of Fine Arts, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) Baltimore, Maryland Ceramics Major, Art History Minor
- NCECA 2012 Projects Space: On the Edge Jurors: Marianne McGrath, Jeffry Mitchell, & Linda Ganstrom, Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA
- Small Favors VII, Invitational, The Clay Studio, Philadelphia, PA
- Petri Dish, Juror: Jesse Cohen, Target Gallery, Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, VA
- Excogitate: Material Directives, Sean Lundgren & Elle Brande, Red Dirt Studio Gallery, Mt. Rainier, MD, Commencement Exhibition ( May 13-16)
- Meyerhoff Gallery, MICA, Baltimore, MD, Juried Undergraduate Ceramics Show, Juror: Tetsuya Yamada, Middendorf Gallery, MICA, Baltimore, MD
- Juried Undergraduate Ceramic Show Juror: Marek Cecula, Middendorf Gallery, MICA, Baltimore, MD
- Warped Wood: A Box on the Ears Invitational, Curator: Ken Martin, Middendorf Gallery, MICA, Baltimore, MD
- Wasn't there a Roosevelt Involved?, Invitational, Curator: David East Middendorf Gallery, MICA, Baltimore, MD
- Introduction to Ceramics Show Invitational, Curator: Adelaide Paul, Leidy Atrium, MICA, Baltimore, MD
- Fireproof, Invitational, Curator: Sarah Z. Barnes, Meredith Gallery, MICA, Baltimore, MD
- Studio Technician
Margaret Boozer, Red Dirt Studio, Mount Rainier, MD
Production, transportation, and installation of art by Margaret Boozer. Studio organization, carpentry, welding, site and client visits, clay digging, supply purchasing, tool maintenance, firing.
- Director of Rehearsals & Administration
Daydreams & Nightmares Aerial Theatre, Baltimore, MD
Facilitate rehearsals, train performers, general administration and performance development
- Pottery Instructor
Chesapeake Arts Center, Brooklyn, MD
Instruct teens and adults how to throw and glaze pottery
- Studio Technician
The Mud Hut, Olney, MD
Customer service, glazing, firing, decaling, silk screening, kiln maintenance, birthday party and Summer camp instructor, commissions, and ceramic repair.
- Teaching Assistant
Sculptural Forms, Sarah Barnes
MICA, Baltimore, MD
Safety Instruction, critique participation, time and classroom management, grading, technical instruction and assistance.
Corradetti Glassblowing Studio, Baltimore, MD
Assist in glassblowing, events, and instruction. Studio clean-up, cold working, and gallery operation.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant MICA, Baltimore, MD
Mixing clay, managing reclaim, organizing and cleaning clay room.
- Professional Development Day Instructor
MICA, Ceramics Department Baltimore, MD
Demonstrated wheel throwing to MICA employees and wedged clay.
Awards and Honors
- 2010 Haystack Mountain School of Crafts Scholarship Evergreen House Foundation Scholarship
- 2007-2010 Maryland Institute College of Art Dean's List Maryland Institute College of Art Trustee Scholarship